Considering these numbers, if you are one of the many traveling, brace yourself, it might be a rough day.
Here are some travel tips that should help you get home with the least amount of stress and hassle.
1. Check-in for your flight (or train) online. Most airlines will allow you to check in up to 24 hours in advance and print your boarding pass at home, to skip the long lines at airport check in.
2. Charge your cell phone, laptop battery, portable DVD player, etc, the night before you travel.
3. Pack plenty of snacks and entertainment in case of delays or cancelled flights.
4. Try to avoid checking bags by either fitting everything into a carry-on, or shipping your bags ahead of time.
5. Print out maps of departure and connecting airports and study them: if they change gates or terminals on you, this could be a real time-saver.
6. Don't wrap gifts that you're bringing with you.
7. Last but not least, try to avoid traveling on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving all together, and the Sunday after, if possible.
Contact a Professional Travel Agent for assistance booking your next trip!