Here are some ideas:
- Try booking a hotel with a fitness center and pool located on the property.
- See if your gym has a location in the city where you will be. If not, they might have a partnership with another gym.
- Climb stairs.
- Get maps of the area you will be visiting and find the best walking paths and trails.
- If the weather is too bad to be outside, find a mall or other large indoor place where you can walk.
- Bring an exercise band with you for simple strength training exercises.
- A basic workout of situps, push ups, jumping jacks, yoga and stretching can be done just about anywhere.
- Try not to get off schedule. This will help you get back on your usual routine when arriving home.
- Know your surroundings. Do not go anywhere that may be dark or may make you feel uncomfortable. Ask at the front desk for safe areas before going for a walk.
Contact a Professional Travel Agent for assistance planning your next trip!